Well, the title should tell you exactly what this blog is about...random things that have happened since my last post. :)
Well, this past Saturday, I spent the day on the lake with my cousin, uncle, and Henry because the weather was gorgeous! It is like fall temperature here, but still warm enough to lay out and anyone from the south knows how incredibly hot it usually is in July so this is a rarity! I did water ski...for about 30 seconds and it was just an overall fun day. Later on that night, we thought it would be a great idea to see Harry Potter, but we didn't give ourselves enough time between the lake and the movie.
Imagine this...spending all day on the lake, hair matted, skin burned, definately no make up and your deoderant washed away, and you think that you will have enough time to take a shower and make yourself look decent....wrong! We had only ten minutes to change clothes and leave so just imagine what I looked like walking into the movie! Henry told me that it was ok, not to worry about it because I am married and it doesn't matter what I look like to other boys. Of course that made me smile, but I still don't think that boys get that girls just like to at least feel clean when they are surrouned by hundreds of people. I will say that nobody sat next to me in the theater and it was PACKED. As for the movie, definately worth seeing in the theater and it was great. The only complaint I have is that it just shreds the book, but don't most movies do that anyway when they are based on books? I still recommend that you read the books before seeing the movie because the books are way, WAY better.
Now to Monday...
Well, this past Monday marked our (Henry and I) one month anniversary of being married and it was quite a special day.
It began with a lunch that was thrown by Henry's coworkers where they ordered pizzas and cokes to celebrate our marriage. They actually didn't plan it to mark one month, they just wanted it on a Monday, but it was so sweet! I went to Henry's building downtown, saw his cubicle, and met most of his coworkers. It was obvious how much they all cared for Henry because they were beaming at him at lunch. You could just tell that they all thought Henry was the greatest guy and so happy that he is happy. Very very sweet.
Later on that night, Henry took me to the Cheesecake Factory for one of our all time favorite appetizers, Avocado Egg Rolls. Now if you have not tried these, it is a must the next time you go! Anyways, of course we got other things, chicken enchiladas, a burrito, and Godiva Cheesecake, but we come for the egg rolls. Really, really good.
That is all for now..who knows what else could happen this week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment