First of all, thanks you all for your fun comments about my blog! It is definately encouraging to know that people are excited to read my blog which also inspires me to write some more so here I am. :)
Anyways, I woke up this morning to several phone calls. One from my dad to see if I wanted to have lunch, one from my sister who is picking up a puppy today, and then just my phone alarm telling me to get up. Waking up tired and groggy, I shuffled over to my coffee maker and started making my essential morning cups of coffee.
Standing there waiting for my daily dose of caffiene, my mind started wandering to how I will be in the middle of school this time next month. Anytime, I think about school starting up again, a SNL skit jumps into my mind that I saw in a graduate class that always reminds me of my students. There will always be a day during the year where the test scores are awful, the bordeom level is high, and it is just like pulling teeth to teach whatever it is you are trying to teach. Now whenever I have one of these days, I have learned to laugh about it and promise myself that it will be better tomorrow since these "bad" days are inevitable. Your class cannot be perfect everyday and you will always have a lesson that bores them to tears, but the key is to always learn from these moments.
So check out the skit (Yes I know I got it off a Jewish Teaching Website, but just get past the commercial and you will see the skit) and try to see me as Jerry Seinfield.
Seinfeld History Lesson
Shared via AddThis
Congrats on the new blog. I hope it works for you. I kept mine up for two years or so. Now I'll occasionaly do it whenever I get inspired.
ReplyDeletePhilip C
I think COCO needs a picture and a few words from the God mother and Father. It's something to talk about. Love the blog!
ReplyDelete